Dealer Pre-License Seminars
The Georgia Board of Used Motor Vehicle Dealers rule 681-3-.01(e) requires that applicants for a Used Motor Vehicle Dealer license attend a Board approved used car Dealer Pre-License Seminar. Thoroughbred Dealer Services will direct you to Board approved dealer pre-license seminars. Each attendee is instructed in the areas as described by the Board. A Dealer Handbook and Reference Manual is provided to each attendee for course instruction and future reference.
Thoroughbred’s instructors have decades of automobile dealer experience in multiple new and used car operations. They are there to assist you with any questions you may have. We are very serious about assisting you in getting off to a proper start. If you succeed, we succeed!
Auto Dealer License Requirements (Simplified Short List)
Who it applies to:
Used car dealers, used car wholesale dealers, auto brokers, independent motor vehicle leasing agencies which sell or offer to sell used motor vehicles, used motor vehicle auction companies and pawnbrokers who sell motor vehicles to the public.
• Attend a Board Approved Dealer Pre-Licensing Seminar
• Have a Sales Tax Certificate (ST-2)
• Meet Established Place of Business requirement
• Carry Garage Liability Insurance in the proper amounts
• Obtain a Surety Bond for the required amount
• Complete a GAPS Background Check
• File the required Dealer License paperwork with the appropriate fee
During the course of the Pre-Licensing Seminar, your instructor will thoroughly define the specifics of each requirement. Prior to signing a lease for a location or purchasing insurance, please make sure your chosen location for an “established place of business” is within the Boards guidelines.
To download a Georgia Used Car Dealer License application click here.
Dealer Pre-Licensing Topics
• Meeting Georgia Used Car Dealer License Requirements
• Georgia Board of Used Motor Vehicle Dealers Rules and Regulations
• Auto Dealer Tax Collection and Filing
• Vehicle Tag and Title Documents and Procedures
• Auto Dealer Paperwork and Record Keeping
• The Fair Business Practices Act
• General Discussion Topics
Scheduling your pre-licensing seminar is quite simple. Use the link below and click an event on the calendar that best suits your location and date. Then click on the event in the calendar and complete the information form to attend your seminar.
To attend upcoming pre-licensing seminar events click here.